Wednesday, September 1, 2010

EAT A BALANCED DIET, SHUN DIETARY DOGMA!

Erle Frayne D. Argonza / Guru Ra


Magandang hapon sa inyong lahat! Good afternoon to you all!

Many seekers have asked me one common question before about diet (what to eat), the query centering on whether to adopt a vegetarian diet as prerequisite in one’s Path. My answer to dietary question has been the same thought taught to me by my mother, a dietician, as a kid: eat a balanced diet.

Dogma can be observed in many matters, food included, so you better exude wisdom in understanding the matter. Fixed Idea is dangerous, dogmatizing dietary habits is toxic. Any advocacy of vegetarianism is one of putting ahead physical renunciation before the more important goal of spiritual renunciation. Not only is vegetarianism a dogma, it is also extremism: making people choose between two extreme options (meat-based versus vegetable-based).

Shun dogma, deconstruct fixed ideas, and in matters of diet, eat everything provided you follow certain standards of health. Which means eat a balanced diet, and make your diet a truly nourishing one, rendering diet thus a constitutive part of your health & wellness regimen.

There is this false thought arising from the continental Asia, notably India, that eating meat will make the person absorb the animal magnetism from the butchered animal (livestock, fish). There is no clear basis for this contention, and I am among those teachers of the Path (to self-realization) who have deconstructed them both in theory and practice. Another such teacher is Franz Bardon of hermetic fame.

Balanced diet isn’t a fixed thing actually, this could vary depending on the state of one’s health. Someone who is athletic like myself (I’m a powerlifter and I used to compete nationally in ‘91-‘93) should follow a regimen fit for an athlete, though revised a bit to integrate it into a yogic-mystical program of initiation. The standard macro-biotic formula for an athlete is the 65-20-15 formula (65% carbo, 20% protein, 15% fats) plus high-fiber diet (fruits, vegetables), added to food supplements specific to the athlete’s needs as the micro-biotic facet. I have further cut down my meat diet to just about seven (7) meals out of the twenty-one (21) meals a week.

My own adjustment to the athletic diet was to eventually cut down on protein as soon as my mass building had stabilized and I thereafter cut down on carbohydrates (1 cup of rice per meal, or 3 loaves of loaf bread, or 3 pieces of big pan de sal, or equivalent). I eat three (3) regular meals, and a snacks (1 sandwich or equivalent, but preferably biscuits so as to avoid oily inputs) at 4 p.m., but no snacks in the morning. Sometimes cereals in the morning, oat meal particularly, also counts.

I also recommend an alternation of carbohydrate sources. As per knowledge from sports science, a repetitive resort to a staple (e.g. eating wheat or rice all of the time) would make one prone to allergies. Possessing so many allergies in my genes, I have no better choice than to shift to alternate staples since the beginning of my gym works in 1990 yet.

Greasy foods, carbonated drinks, and junk food are a definite no in my diet. Before 1990, I used to drink as much as six (6) soda every day to help pep up myself as my sleep was little and my working hours were very long. I said goodbye to that in 1990, along with greasy foods (pizza, hamburger, breakfast fried foods, etc), while my goodbye to junk food began as early as college years yet.

In 1999 I finally said farewell to wines and spirits. Alcohol makes one’s crown chakra dense, and when one is intoxicated with spirits, his/her spirit Guides would shy away from him/her (they can’t stand the smell of the intoxicated aura). I used to guzzle beers as much as twenty (20) bottles or cans a week, and then cut it down little by little (same with wine and liquor), till finally I said goodbye to it. Only on special occasions do I break this proscription, and such events are getting rare these days.

From a physiological point of view, alcohol slows down the process of fat burning. Beer doesn’t add to your fats, there is no scientific basis to think so, but its alcohol slows down fat burning like any alcohol in whatever spirits. Red wine is surely fine, and how fine it goes with poetry reading and dance with your Eros, but it is alcohol just the same.

The reminder lesson here is that please put spiritual renunciation always ahead of everything else. Just because a seeker eats meat doesn’t make him/her run agog in his/her Path and never ascend the ladder to self-realization. There are too many veils in one’s Path, and mind you, such veils cannot be taken down by a vegetarian diet alone. As one among those who have reached Rishi awareness, I reached this stage where I am and taken down too many veils, and yet I eat some meat every week till these days. Eating some meat has never altered my awareness, while it (reduced meat) had reduced my risks of hypertensions and cardiac ailments.

If indeed you would opt to go vegetarian, then this is what I can recommend to you: go through a period of transition. Normally the transition follows the ‘law of seven’—which means go through a seven (7) year transition. Don’t plunge directly from a high-meat diet to a zero-meat vegan posturing, as this will have adverse effects on your biophysical system. Take a transition regime first, and then finally go full vegan later.

And please avoid processed vegan foods. Many vegetable proteins in the cities are processed types, and there’s one restaurant chain in Manila that serves vegan meals with processed proteins that look like meat (pork-looking, beef-looking, chicken-looking). Fresh veggie is still the preferred route, to avoid those extra toxins that develop from a processing of the same into semi-finished factory-type product.

To conclude this piece, Jesus was asked by devotees around Him and even by His disciples whether it is alright to eat this or that food. To which Master Issa (Jesus’ Eastern name) replied “eat everything.” I don’t normally eat dinuguan (made of blood + chopped internals of pork or beef) regularly which is among Filipino delicacies, but occasionally I eat this blood-based food. I hope Jesus would come to Manila so he’d taste this one, and ditto for other Ascended Beings.

[Philippines, 13 May 2009]

[See: IKONOKLAST: http://erleargonza.blogspot.com,
UNLADTAU: http://unladtau.wordpress.com,
COSMICBUHAY: http://cosmicbuhay.blogspot.com,
BRIGHTWORLD: http://erlefraynebrightworld.wordpress.com, ARTBLOG: http://erleargonza.wordpress.com,
ARGONZAPOEM: http://argonzapoem.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment