Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DREAM AS COMPASS TO SEEKER'S PREPAREDNESS

Erle Frayne D. Argonza

Good day, Noble Seeker!

With certitude I’d reckon that you dream every time your body sleeps. And if thou art Seeker indeed, your dreams are colored in hue most often. Evolutionary Laggards dream in black & white and wouldn’t dream as often as seekers and mystics. As a soul advances in the evolutionary path, so does the access to higher vibratory climes increase, such climes thereby appearing in ever greater colorful textures in dreams.

Do make it a habit to keep tab of your dreams, Seeker. At least keep a memory tab, at most maintain a daily dream journal. Dreams reveal so much about our unconscious and superconscious states, we can’t afford to throw away this ‘tool’ of self-reflection into dustbins just like trash. Were it not for our problems of retrieval, which is a matter of short-term memory, our dreams could be total guides to our daily actions and routines.

Interpreting dreams, however, is no layman’s task. So, Noble One, please learn to interpret dreams with a modicum of mastery. In ancient language, the term exegesis was used to refer to the interpretation of texts, and exegete refers to the interpreter. Since symbolic templates of life today are regarded as text in hermeneutics (art of exegesis) and semiotics (science of signs), then it pays to be an exegete in various respects: dream interpretation, exegesis of myths, interpretation of body language, divination interpretations (e.g. tarot, palmistry, numerology, astrology, runes, I ching), etc.

Necessarily, one must learn from the masters of hermeneutics and semiotics to be able to interpret dreams with some degree of accuracy. It takes some time to learn, but it is a rewarding thing to do exegesis. Rest assured you will procure the greatest benefits from the exegetic process, and you’ll feel a deep sense of satisfaction, sometimes euphoria, every time you’re able to crack the codes behind the deeply coded messages in your dreams.

To name a few representative masters: Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, Mircea Eliade, Claude Levi Strauss, Umberto Eco among social scientists and philosophers; and, the theosophists H.P Blavatsky, Annie Bessant. You can also review materials coming from popular literature about dreams such as those written by psychics.

In sum, the said experts have contended that the figures one sees in dreams, myths, and cultural symbols (e.g. totem) must be regarded as archetypes. As Eliade clarified, an archetype is a basic structure. In Eco’s semiotics, an archetype is a signifier—a representation of a deeper meaning or structure, the signified. Exegesis basically entails an appropriate unlocking of the signified meanings hidden behind the dream symbols, in the case of dreams.

Note also that the contents of dreams are often related to the dreamer’s experiences in the lifeworld. For instance, when an ice cream appears in one’s dream, this symbol appears on account of the person’s experiencing of eating ice cream. This archetypal subject wouldn’t likely appear in the dream scenes of a person whose entire life is spent in hinterlands where ice cream isn’t an established fact of daily life.

Dream themes could be a revelation of the following: unfulfilled wishes, ailments that are about to surface, past life scenes being replayed from ‘above’, events forthcoming in the next few days in the person’s life (dejavu), prophecies about one’s country or planet, and lessons from one’s Spirit Guide. Freud made very interesting contributions to first two forms (he was keen most of all on mental ailments being a psychiatrist).

The lessons or messages from one’s own Spirit Guide or inner space guru is what you the Seeker should be on the alert for as a sign that you are about to enter the Path. Or, when you have already began the ascent to the Path, the Guide can show signs that you have just graduated from one stage or phase in the journey and you’re about to move on to a next phase. Usually it takes seven (7) years to begin and end a phase, though if one chooses to stop for a while in one’s lessons the period could be extended.

In my experience, I first began to feel that something uncommon was going to happen to my life when, as a pre-school child, I strongly felt the presence of a mighty divine being, a figure I’d recognize later as the Archangel Michael. His assuring presence (maybe I was networked to his ‘department’) made me take routes less traveled, such as to dream of becoming a priest, knowing that God always watches me.

Before reaching the age of ten (10) I realized how different I was from my siblings. I was overly contemplative, introspective, and nerdy at an early age. And somehow, deep inside me, I knew I wasn’t among the Earth’s people. The daily course of materialistic life that I encountered early enough shocked me so much that I longed to enter the seminary and say goodbye to normal life.

My dreams were very colored in hue, so colored that the dream objects were so real, beginning in early childhood years. Even the smell of dream objects, like the smell of delicacies, grasses and flowers in the fields, and animal dung were all so real, further multiplying the psychic and emotional powers of the dream scenes.

It was at age 18 when I first encountered my mahaguru, the Master El Morya, while in a dream state. I was already a 2nd year university student then. I wished somebody else so wise and divine could explain to me so many questions that the church people and mediocre spiritual pretenders couldn’t explain at all, and were it not for the timely appearance of my guru, I could have moved on to become an atheist for the rest of my life.

I thought it was God who appeared to me in the dream, as He blasted me with feelings of love so incomparably overwhelmingly, encompassing and ecstatic. He gave me a lengthy message of love, encouragement, and note about my future missions. I woke up weeping with joy and euphoria, assured at last that a Divine Being takes care of me personally. From then on, I intensified my lessons in the Path, reading voraciously a diversity of topics, to wit: esoteric philosophy, yoga, ETs & UFOs, mystical science, eastern psychology, paranormal science, theology and comparative religion.

From that time on, my mahaguru would appear every now and then in my dreams. He guided me to the materials that I should read, made me encounter my first yoga lessons right inside the classroom, meet interesting people who were also fellow seekers, and so on. With the passing of time, I recognized my great Guru as the Ascended Master El Morya, chohan (sort of CEO) of the 1st Ray of the Great White Brotherhood. In the succeeding dreams, he would appear more in archetypal form (often as a university professor), while I would perceive his face directly as my mystical vision opened due to yoga practice.

I’ve already entered several phases in my journey. And in 1994 I graduated to a mystic level, no longer seeker but finally reaching the initial ‘end of a journey’, when the Filipino guru F.F. sponsored me into the Great White Brotherhood. My seeker phase had ended, but my mystical path just began then. I still kept on seeing my master in my dreams, with the addition of other masters in couples of other dream scenes thereafter.

Just recently, more than a month ago, I dreamt of my guru again, instructing me in many lessons. The dream scenes lasted for three (3) hours. Some other fellow mystics were there with me during a dream phase. In other dream phases other masters appeared. I just received lessons that could last for over 1 year’s study, offered in just a single moment, which I must gradually retrieve from my memory.

So, Noble One, similar experiences could happen to you. You see, if you dream of your Spirit Guide offering you lessons, even when you wake up to urinate, the moment you go back to sleep the same dream scene will be continued. Or, there would be another scene, but it will till be the Guide offering you lessons that will be the dream theme.

Take note that during the initial encounters with your Guide, your guru may not appear to you in literal form. Rather, the manifestation would be archetypal, e.g. beautiful large sheep radiating light and peace to you. Or, the Guide could appear as your deceased Grandma or Grandpa whom you cared for so much, so the Guide will make use of your grandparent’s image to bring messages to you.

I recalled the narrative of a fraternity brother of mine, Glen B., whom I personally initiated into my wisdom brotherhood, the C.L.. He revealed to me and some brods one day that I appeared to him in a dream, offering him sublime lessons. I was so elated at his narration, and told him that it was his very own Guide and not me who actually appeared in his dream. I was happy because it was a sign that, as a mentor, I succeeded in catalyzing the link between a young seeker and his Guide.

So, Noble One, enjoy reading your dreams, these being exciting, fitful compasses to your journeys. Bon voyage!

[Writ 25 September 2007, Quezon City, MetroManila]

No comments:

Post a Comment